Controller host USB3.0 recovery

For three years I have been using an HP 8300 SFF in the lab to play with BBRF013, RX888 etc.

I have made many modifications to the PC. I added a second USB3.0 controller and about two weeks ago I replaced the system disk with an NVME disk.

Almost every day I use BBRF103 or RX888.

Suddenly yesterday I cannot connect BBRF103 to the original USB3.0 ports on the back of the PC. When I launch the application the message appears :


Fortunately, I have two USB3.0 controllers installed . After trying to change cables and BBRF103 I noticed that everything worked consistently if I connected to the ports of the second USB3.0 controller.

I tried resetting and switching off/on the PC several times without any success.



The solution was: 
- backup and make a restore point
- in device management disable and uninstall the affected USB controller
- shut down the PC
- upon restarting the controller was detected and the driver reinstalled automatically and voila now it works again.
The PC is using Win10 22H2 updated.

the happy end:




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A look into the RX-888 mkII

RX888

HF103 rc1